Tuesday 30 March 2021

Wayne Gretzky quotes and sayings that transcend hockey

Here is the Cagebook review team’s curated collection of Wayne Gretzky quotes about winning and being competitive.

1. “When you win, say nothing, when you lose say less.” – Wayne Gretzky

2. “It’s easier to lose than to win.” – Wayne Gretzky

3. “It’s just amazing how many companies suddenly want you to hold up their products after you’ve held up the Stanley Cup.” – Wayne Gretzky

4. “You know, I’ve held women and babies and jewels and money, but nothing will ever feel as good as holding that Cup.” – Wayne Gretzky

5. “And people who know me would tell you that away from hockey I’m really not that competitive.” – Wayne Gretzky

6. “Competitive spirit is still at a premium. The more you win, the better you play, the more money you make, so they all have that in mind.” – Wayne Gretzky

7. “I’m probably the only guy in hockey who can win a scoring title and everybody is saying I had a bad year. I don’t worry about it.” – Wayne Gretzky

8. “I think the greatest thing about playing obviously is winning, and you can’t replace that experience with anything.” – Wayne Gretzky

9. “I knew at a young age, whether I was playing baseball or hockey or lacrosse, that my teammates were counting on me, whether it be to strike the last batter out in a baseball game or score a big goal in a hockey game.” – Wayne Gretzky

10. “I think that from the time you start playing sports as a child you see that your responsibility to your team is to play the best that you can play as an individual… and yet, not take anything away from being part of a team.” – Wayne Gretzky

11. “When I was 5 and playing against 11-year-olds, who were bigger, stronger, faster, I just had to figure out a way to play with them.” – Wayne Gretzky

12. “Look at guys like Larry Bird and George Brett and John McEnroe; that’s what they did in their careers. They all wanted to be the guy under the microscope late in the game or late in the match. So you just take on that know-how that that’s part of your responsibility, and you learn that’s what makes it exciting. That’s what makes it fun!” – Wayne Gretzky

13. “I get a feeling about where a teammate is going to be. A lot of times, I can turn and pass without even looking.” – Wayne Gretzky

14. “I don’t think any, one person will ever be bigger than the game.” – Wayne Gretzky

15. “When you’re playing an exhibition, you’re kind of letting everyone get an opportunity.” – Wayne Gretzky

For tons more adventure and sports-related content, check out Cagebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment